"Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on theis compuiter, restart the installation."

Ask the staff at My Choice Matters a question or rumour you have heard about the NDIS. If we don't know the answer straight away we will research and find out for you.
LarryWalker

"Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on theis compuiter, restart the installation."

Postby LarryWalker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:04 am

Hi,

Got the update "upgrade kit" to Windows 7 for 64 bit from a 64 bit Vista OS. Did the upgrade advisor, ran Dell's assistant first, had me deauthorize Itunes--done, uninstall my printer--done, unintsall Dell tools--done, said, all good, run Windows 7--did and, now, I'm on a reboot loop. I called Dell, complete scam: they want $269.00 for "software" support. Read all the articles about Dell and MS working together to bring "7" to the end user and the End User just got hosed. How do I get out of this reboot loop? Widows 7 ran completely and looked like it was going to finish, then I got the following message: "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation." PC-i7, 8gb, 1gb vid, AVG paid for version, and can't get back to my Vista OS! Tried to use restore...no good.

Any idea?

Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 431b8398f5

Business Motion Graphics Video

Return to “Ask a Question”