Error message "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" after System Startup on Windows 7

Ask the staff at My Choice Matters a question or rumour you have heard about the NDIS. If we don't know the answer straight away we will research and find out for you.
LarryWalker

Error message "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error" after System Startup on Windows 7

Postby LarryWalker » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:04 am

Recently, I needed to restore my laptop to factory settings. I have an HP Pavilion Model Number G-60. I purchased a set of recovery disks from HP and when they arrived, I booted the system with Disc 1 in the CD/RW drive. The installation asked for all 3 discs and after it ejected the 3rd disc, the system rebooted and then restarted. I got the message, "Setup is preparing your computer for first use"....then the Error message "The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation". Doing this only keeps repeating the error message. I looked at some of the messages already on the forum and tried the solution by Syed Karim but that did not work. Can you think of anything else that I can try to get this working? Honestly, I am very frustrated with this. I didn't buy this laptop so that I can have these problems with a Windows 7 installation that would make my laptop useless.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... c1de79d2e2

Branding Motion Graphics video

Return to “Ask a Question”