Who will help me with my plan!

Ask the staff at My Choice Matters a question or rumour you have heard about the NDIS. If we don't know the answer straight away we will research and find out for you.
bbear

Who will help me with my plan!

Postby bbear » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:26 pm

Who assists you with your plan changes based on where you are and what your needs are. Some people will work with a Local Area Co-ordinator (which is a person who works for a non-government organisation funded by the NDIS to help with planning). Some people will work with a planner from the NDIS.

If you are unhappy with your planner, you can request a new planner.

Planners should have the following skills and experience, taken from a position description from a planner with the NDIS:
• Experience in working with participants and/or their representative, to develop goal based plans reflecting participant choice and control.
• Ability to conduct support needs and risk assessments, taking into account sometimes complex information about functional limitations, personal factors and context and how they impact on daily life.
• Demonstrated ability to build productive relationships with a wide range of people internal and external to your organisation.
• Proven experience of displaying professionalism and integrity.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt and negotiate in a flexible and changing environment.
• Relevant experience working with people with disability or lived experience of disability.

AnnieW

Re: Who will help me with my plan!

Postby AnnieW » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:17 am

Another good way to get prepared is to do some planning yourself. You can use My Learning Matters to think about what your goals are and work out how to achieve them. There's lots of videos and you can choose pictures to answer many of the questions. It's free to sign up and is a real choose-your-own-adventure planning tool. Give it a go and see what you think :) www.mylearningmatters.org.au :D

Return to “Ask a Question”