RPi communciating (indirectly) with NDIS-based instrument

Ask the staff at My Choice Matters a question or rumour you have heard about the NDIS. If we don't know the answer straight away we will research and find out for you.
MichaelMorin

RPi communciating (indirectly) with NDIS-based instrument

Postby MichaelMorin » Thu May 03, 2018 11:33 pm

HI,

The Plan: communicate with a NDIS USB & Ethernet output instrument to extend its memory and services available than through the existing on board software (WindowsCE).The issue: NDIS wrappers only work (well) on x86 and not supported on ARM. I did read that this can be done but is very slow??Solutions??I would gladly entertain options that could make this work. One possible solution I had in mind was to use a low-cost router to convert the NDIS into RS232 and connect this to the GPIO of the RPi. This can then be saved on a USB drive or on the sdcard itself.The instrument works based on simple rs232 echo commands which I would want to use once a second to retrieve just less than 1 Kb of data. The instrument currently has only 5 MB of storage, which using it the way I would like would fill it up in less than a day (wanting to run it for a month).

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... hp?t=31969
Explainer Video Company

Thanks!

Return to “Ask a Question”